of the month
Every month, I'll feature a new mystery case for you to crack. These whole-slide digital scans are like you're looking through your microscope, but even better!
1. Read the case history.
2. Click on the slide image.
3. Review the digital slide.
4. Come back to this page to reveal the answer.
5. See you next month for another case!
November 2022: Bruno the dog
5 year old male, neutered mixed breed dog
- At home, the owners noticed Bruno was lethargic and not eating. They also felt like his breathing was labored.
- On exam, Bruno was tachypneic and febrile.
- Thoracic radiographs showed lobar consolidation of the right middle lung lobe. The affected lung was then aspirated.
Click the slide image below to review the lung aspirate cytology under your virtual microscope-- What is your diagnosis?
A window will open for you to review the slide. You can scan the slide and zoom in/out. When you're done, come back here to reveal the answer.
Want to see past Digital Cases of the Month?
Join my Membership Community The Cytology Clubhouse for a library of banked cases and short videos with Dr. Kate where they are further discussed!
Not ready to sign up but want to be kept up to date on any sales or membership specific updates - sign up below.
We won't send spam. Unsubscribe at any time.
Want to stay connected?
Pop your info in the space below! Each week I'll send you my Microscopic Minute, a little helpful something (e.g. case review, fun graphic, tip, product review, etc) that you can read quickly and walk away feeling more knowledgable for having spent your time on it. Plus, get my regular monthly newsletter, free cytology resources, CE course updates/discounts, and more when they're available! I’m excited to share all the cyto-love with you!
I promise never to share your email or spam you. I hope you love the things I send you, but you’re able to unsubscribe at any time.
QUICK LINKS ➔