Here in the Journal Snippets area, I’ve taken various path-related journal articles and condensed them down to their main, clinically relevant points-- think of it as my translation from path-speak to a bit more “Cliff Notes” version of these super interesting articles!
What is your diagnosis? A feline blood smear
Veterinary Clinical Pathology: March 2019, Vol 48, Issue 1 | Anna M Meredith, Dorothee Bienzle, Janet Beeler-Marfisi
- 2 year old cat with vomiting, lethargy, anorexia, and icterus
- Presented to Ontario Vet College but adopted from South Africa 1 month prior
- CBC: anemia at 19% and strongly regenerative
Image is the blood smear-- What is your diagnosis?
What is your diagnosis? Conjunctival smear in a dog
Veterinary Clinical Pathology: Sept 2018, Vol 47, Issue 3. | Omar Gonzales-Viera, Kerriann Casey, M. Kevin Keel
- Conjunctival smear from a 15 mo old FS Labrador with 3 week history of cough and diarrhea
- On exam, was neurologic and had evidence of pneumonia on radiographs
Image is cytology of the conjunctival smear— What is your diagnosis?
What is your diagnosis? Gingival mass in a cat
Veterinary Clinical Pathology: June 2019, Vol 48, Issue 2 | Seung-Joo Kwon, Yeon-Jung Hong, Ul-Soo Choi
- 7 yo CM cat
- Gingival mass seen on exam
- CT: invasive with underlying bone lysis
Image is an FNA of the gingival swelling-- What is your diagnosis?
What is your diagnosis? Subcutaneous temporal mass from a cat
Veterinary Clinical Pathology: June 2018, Vol 47, Issue 2 | Liza Bau-Gaudreault, Sebastien Overvelde, Donald Martin
This is from an FNA of a quarter sized itchy nodule on a cat’s head—What is your diagnosis?
Want to Stay Connected?
Pop your info in the space below, and I’ll send you my regular newsletter, free cytology resources, CE course updates/discounts, and more! I’m excited to share all the cyto-love with you!
PS- I promise never to share your email or spam you. I hope you love the things I send you, but you’re able to unsubscribe at any time.